Modified 2009-up OEM Swing Arm (with $150 deductible)
Attention/Note: The purchase price includes a $150 deductible which is refunded for the core!
These are used, refurbished swing arms that have been modified to add important features at a more affordable price than many aftermarket products:
- ‘pocket’ on the underside added for more clearance above transmission
- added shock mounts to raise 1” or 2” or mount in stock position
- narrowed front to fit between the frame tubes of 2008-earlier Harley touring models.
All used swing arms are inspected for damage or excessive wear will not be used if anything beyond cosmetic flaws is found. Each one will be media blasted and then powder coated. This is a used, refurbished product and finish may show some traces of added welds etc. Please check the pictures as they show a representative sample of the product you will receive. Installation of this swing arm may require modifications as listed below. This custom part is not covered by warranty neither expressed nor implied.
- If effective shock length is over 14” (measured center to center of shock mounting bolts) conversion of the belt drive to chain drive is necessary to maintain correct drive tension. A larger front drive sprocket may also work but will change drive ratio.
- Use of an OEM 2009-later rear wheel with cush drive on 2008-earlier touring frames requires conversion to a narrow drive belt or chain drive for proper clearance and line-up of secondary drive. Please ensure proper clearance between drive belt (if ’09-later model) or chain and tire and frame tube.
- When used on 2008-earlier touring models wider tires than OEM require a wide fender such as our carbon fiber fender <link>.
- Shock mounting points are farther apart than on 2008-earlier swing arms and will require the use of custom spacers (not included) on the upper shock mounts for correct vertical line up. Longer shock mounting bolts may be required for safe operation.
- Some shock models/brands may require spacers for saddlebag mounts and other brackets
This sale is in exchange for a serviceable 2009-up OEM swing arm part number 47549-09 or 47549-09A.
Note: increasing ride height should be done by the same amounts front and rear to keep the bike level.
We will reimbursed $150 once we receive your serviceable OEM swing arm for 2009-later touring models. Shipping of the core is included (48 contiguous states only). Please re-use the shipping box your modified swing arm was shipped in. Return shipping label for your core will be emailed to you.
The following model designations for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are used for reference only: FL, FLH, FLHR, FLHRCI, FLHS, FLHT, FLHTC, FLHTC Ultra Classic, FLHTC-I, FLHTCUI, FLHX, FLT, FLTC, FLTC Ultra Classic, FLTCU, FLHTCUSE, FLTR, FLTRI, FLTRSEI, FLHXS, FLHXSEI, FLHRC, FLHRS, ELECTRA GLIDE, ROAD GLIDE, STREET GLIDE, ROAD KING, FLST, FLSTC, FLSTF, FLSTN, FLSTS, FLSTSC/I, FX, FXB, FXD, FXDB, FXDC, FXDG, FXDL, FXDS-CON, FXDWG, FXDX, FXDXT, FXE, FXEF, FXLR, FXR, FXRC, FXRD, FXRDG, FXRP, FXRS, FXRS-CON, FXRSE, FXRS-SP, FXRT, FXS, FXSB, FXST, FXSTB, FXSTC, FXSTD, FXSTD-I, FXSTS, FXSTSB, FXWG, GE, K, KH, VROD™, VRSCA, VRSCB, WL, WLA, XL, XL1100, XL1200, XL1200C, XL1200R, XL1200S, XL883, XL883C, XL883R, XLCH, XLCR, XLH, XLH1100, XLH1200, XLH1200, XLH1200S, XLH883, XLR, XLS, XLS, XLT, XLX, XLX, XR1000, Sportster, Softail, Heritage, Springer, Dyna Glide, Wide Glide, Street Rod, Softail Deluxe, CVO, Screamin’ Eagle, Enforcer